Monday, August 17, 2009

Aug. 14-17, 2009 Elephant Butte

Kyle & I left for the Butte after I got off work on Friday. Kelly, Kenny, Derek & Ronnie got down there Thursday & got us a great spot. Marge got down there Friday early afternoon. We got there around 5 pm. Later on we had a wind storm & a little rain. We have been through worse ones down there. We got lucky. It only lasted about 30 minutes. We sat in Ron & Marge's camper for awile, (thanks guys). It turned out to be a nice night after the storm blew thru.
Around 1:30 am, Kelly, Kenny, Kyle & I took the canoe out on the lake. The lake was smooth. We just paddled up & down the shoreline. We had a few other campers yell out to us. They thought it was funny that we were out there. There were some campers sitting there playing a guitar & singing & they had the nerve to tell us that quiet time was 4 hours ago .... they were making more noise than us. Go figure. They were the same ones who was laughing loudly & skinny dipping Sun. night until Kyle shined the light over there & they got out & was quiet after that.
Saturday & Sunday morning, Tracy & Paul came & hung out with us all day. We Played on their boat both days. They have a few different tubes we ride. I love the Popazzi one. Had a blast flipping people off. Tracy got me a few times, wasn't expecting it at all. Thanks Tracy !!! Joel also came up Saturday & Sunday. He had a few good spills on the Poparazzi, but he got right back on. He's funny.
Sunday night Ronnie was walking over to his jeep & came upon a rattlesnake. They spotted each other at the same time. He yelled for Kyle to bring a shovel. He gave it a few wacks with the shovel & killed it. Thank God ... that could of turned out bad. I hate snakes !!! I had never seen one at the Butte before...yikes !!!
Sunday Mike, Nancy & kids (Kenny's friends.... yes Kenny has friends) came up for the day. We all had a good day. Some had to leave that afternoon. Ron, Marge, Kelly, Kyle & I stayed. We had a little more relaxing night, we went to bed kind of early. I think we were all tired from the long weekend. It was great tho .... glad we got to go. Oh, & never got dunked on the jet ski this trip, chalk one up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment